With Black Friday fast approaching, every sector is watching their markets closely to try and predict what will happen this season.
The unstoppable growth of this phenomenon means that expectations are always high, but a few uncertainties still remain, Black Friday doesn’t perform as strongly in all countries, nor do all sectors benefit the same way.
Faced with these uncertainties, it is interesting to take a closer look at the data made available by Google Trends and what it reveals about Black Friday within the travel sector. At Affilired, we searched the term “Black Friday” segmented by the travel category, this is what we extracted:
- The country with the highest number of searches for “Black Friday” worldwide last year was Spain.
“Flights Black Friday”, “Black Friday Deals”, and “Black Friday Hotel” were among the 5 most popular search terms internationally, during the last year.
- Over the last 5 years, the number of searches for “Black Friday” has continually been increasing. According to the figures we extracted, Spain is the country with the highest number of “Black Friday” related searches.
- The Spanish regions that have shown the greatest interest in Black Friday travel offers during the last 12 months were: The Canary Islands, Ceuta, Melilla, Baleares and Madrid.
- In Spain, the top 5 most popular searches on Google during the last 12 months were “Vuelos Black Friday”, “Viajes Black Friday” and “Black Friday Hoteles”.
* Throughout the process of extracting the data for the above report, the search term “Black Friday” and the category “travel” remained unchanged. However, the dates were varied between searching for: “during the last year” or “in the previous 5 years” and similarly, the location was varied between “Worldwide” or “within Spain”.